Since 1998, the National Beverage Company Coca-Cola/Cappy has risen quickly and with remarkable success. In addition to the numerous awards it has received, NBC is considered first in the food and beverage industry in Palestine in terms of its productivity, staff size and the variety of its products. Having also acquired two groups of Palestinian companies, NBC now produces mineral water and natural juices as well.
The National Beverage Company Coca-Cola/Cappy is certified through a number of international, regional and local bodies for quality and nutritional safety and for its management and marketing methods. All NBC products are produced to the standards and specifications required by the Coca-Cola Company globally as well as those required by the Palestinian Standards Institute. The company complies with the following certifications and standards for its Coca-Cola, Cappy and Jericho products:
- FSSC 22000:2013
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO: 14001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
- Palestine Standards Certificate (PS) from the Palestinian Standards Institute
Achievements and Awards
- In 2021, the National Beverage Company Coca-Cola/Cappy (NBC) won the Gold Prize for its Environment Preservation and Energy Rationalization Project under the “Value-added” Category in the Competition of Quality and Food Safety, Occupational and Environmental Safety, organized by Coca-Cola Eurasia and Middle East
- In 2018 & 2019, the Coca-Cola Plant in Gaza earned the Coca-Cola Award at the Middle East and North Africa level for its excellent performance in achieving the production plans during 2017 & 2018 despite of the challenges facing the Industrial Sector in the Gaza Strip.
- In 2012 & 2016 the National Beverage Company Coca-Cola/ Cappy won the Best Plant Award in Environmental Performance out of 96 bottling companies affiliated with the Coca-Cola Company in Eurasia and Africa Group. NBC plant achieved the highest grade in product quality assessment and rationalization of energy and water consumption.
- Ramallah Plant has been recognized as the “Best Plant” in the Middle East for three consecutive years, 2013, 2014, 2015, as part of the Middle East General Manager’s Gold Award.
- In 2015, during the launching of the 1st National Forum for Innovators in Palestine, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, honored the National Beverage Company Coca-Cola/ Cappy for its excellence in rationalization of energy and water consumption, and for reducing CO2 emission in its plants’ operations.
- Cappy Plant was rated as the best plant in Tulkarem governorate in 2015. In the same year Ramallah Plant was rated as one of the best three plants in Ramallah. Both plants earned this rating according to assessment done by the Ministry of Labor focused on complying with the Occupational Health and Safety Systems pursuant to the Palestinian Labor Law No. 7 of 2000.
- In 2014 & 2012, NBC won the “Group President’s Sustainability Award” for the years 2013 & 2011 as the “Best Country Bottling Operation” out of 100 bottling companies affiliated with the Coca-Cola Company in the Eurasia and Africa Group.
- In 2014, NBC won the Social Empowerment Award for the year 2013, for its efforts in supporting sustainable development and community empowerment.
- In 2014, NBC won the “FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour Activation” as part of the 2013 Global Marketing & Commercial Excellence Awards.
- In 2014, NBC earned the first place in “Sales and Marketing” throughout the Middle East, in a region-wide contest launched by Coca-Cola Middle East.
- In 2013 & 2015, NBC was selected as one of the Top 10 Coca-Cola Bottlers for 2012 in Eurasia and Africa Group (EAG) as part of the Group President’s Sustainability Award, and ranked in the second place in 2015.
- In 2013, NBC has successfully passed the Top 10 Energy Saving Challenge, developed by Coca-Cola Company and the WWF, to help reduce emissions of Carbon from across the entire Coca-Cola system.
- NBC earned the Quality Golden Award for three consecutive years (1999, 2000, 2001), for implementing the international standards in its production operations, after competing with 75 other Coca-Cola bottling plants in the region.